Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How can I get rid of a program I removed from the control panel but still shows up in tool bar?

I installed McAffy but never used it a year ago. At the time, I removed it from ';add or remove programs'; and it has not been in the list ever since but continues to come up in the bottom right hand corner tool bar and may be running in the background and slowing down my pc. How do I find this program in my system and take it out?How can I get rid of a program I removed from the control panel but still shows up in tool bar?
Start%26gt;Run%26gt;type in MSCONFIG%26gt;Startup tab - uncheck any program you don't want to run when you start Windows








How to Remove McAfee


http://www.pchell.com/virus/uninstallmca…


http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.as…How can I get rid of a program I removed from the control panel but still shows up in tool bar?
If it's still in the toolbar, you may still need to remove it from the add-ons list in your browser.





In internet explorer:


1. On the View menu, click Toolbars.


2. To add a toolbar, click to select the appropriate check box in the Toolbar area, and then click OK. To remove a toolbar, click to clear the appropriate check box in the Toolbar area, and then click OK.
IN THE START MENU CLICK ON RUN. When the run window comes type msconfig , then click startup tab. unmark the program related to mcaffy shown der. you can unmark unnecessary programs shown der otherthan the system progs so u can speed up your computer during startup.

No comments:

Post a Comment