Friday, February 12, 2010

What kind of birth control pill do you like best?

I'm on generic for Seasonale right now. It claims to have 4 periods a year, but with spotting, it seems like I bleed 24/7! What kind of birth control pill would you recommend I switch to? What kind should I stay away from?What kind of birth control pill do you like best?
I went through 4 of them... First I was on Allese, and I didn't like it because I was getting like 14-20 day periods (no joke). I gave it like 6 months to correct itself but it didn't, then my pharmacy stopped carrying it and switched to aviene, which they said might work better, but I had the same thing. I went to a doctor and told them I though I was being affected by the other girls living in my house, so they switched me to ortho tri cyclen, which worked good for awhile but I was definitely getting some side effects, then I went to a different doc and they saw on my chart that I was on tri cyclen, so they switched me off of that because apparently it's bad to be on varying hormone pills when your young, so I told them I wanted shorter period (because they were still like 8 days) and they switched me to Yasmin which has been almost perfect so far. Short periods, lighter, less cramps, though I do find I've been getting more headaches but I think that might be because of something else.





Basically just tell your doctor that you don't like the spotting and tell them all the things you want in a pill and they will help you find a good one. Sometimes you have to switch a bunch before you find a good one.What kind of birth control pill do you like best?
I would recommend NO birth control pill, get your guy to use a condom, plus with the huge variety - its fun! There are serious side effects from messing with your system - be very aware of this!
Microgynon 30. 4/5 day light periods that come the same time every month.
NuvaRing. I haven't had any side effects whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment