Friday, February 12, 2010

What kind of birth control do you recommend?

I have recently given birth, and am now considering what type of birth control I want to use, I haven't been on any in a long time. I am really not good at taking a pill everyday. Also I plan on having another child probably with in the next couple of years, so the really long term ones aren't for me.





Any suggestions, expieriences are welcome... Thanks!What kind of birth control do you recommend?
I have tried the pill (which I would forget to take), condoms, the depot shot (which made me gain 10 lbs in 3 months, I hated it), the ring (which would not stay where it was supposed to which made it really uncomfortable) and now I am on the patch, which I love. Just stick it on and don't think about it for a week until you change it again. Plus, it is the most effective form of birth control out right now, 99% effective. Highly recommeded.What kind of birth control do you recommend?
Birth control patch
I personally like the IUD. There are two kinds. The Mirena which has hormones in it and the Paraguard which doesn't contain hormones. I chose the Paraguard because I hate all the side affects of the birth control with hormones in it. This is my second IUD. I had one for about 4 years and had it removed to get pregnant with my second daughter. It's put in in your doctors office and taken out in your doctors office. It takes about 5 minutes to insert/remove. Although when i was on the pill I use to set my cell phone alarm to 10pm. To remind myself to take it. Hope this helps.
Well, besides the pill and the needle that works for about 5 years, there's the patch or condoms. Unfortunately I don't know much about the patch since I use the pill so if you would want to try that then you should talk with your doctor about possibilities.
after i gave birth to my boy, i put on the spiral... it is effective if your body takes it well ; nevertheless, it can cause excessive blood loss during the period, it can also prolong your period and u might feel some discomfort from time to time. u should consult your doctor. it is easy to put on and easy to remove....


good luck
THE best birth control my wife has used is the nuva-ring. You insert it into you, leave it in for three weeks, take it out for your period, after the period, you put a new one in. No daily pills to remember and the ring releases all the hormones you would get from the pill over the course of the three weeks it is installed.





But, this device may not be useable if you are breast-feeding. Ask your doctor about.
If you are breastfeeding, then your choices might be a bit limited for a while. I loved the patch or the ring, but couldn't use them while breastfeeding. You will have to talk to your doctor for sure, but I know I had to take the pill while breastfeeding even though I did not want to. I am pretty sure you can't use estrogen birth control while breastfeeing.





If you are not breastfeeding, the ring is the easiest, it just slips out sometimes (after sex) but is really easy to pop back into place.
Try abstinence
Every body is different when comes to birth control I prefer the pill. But you do have the option of patch, shots, devices (sponge, IUD, diaphragm) But ultimately you need to talk with your doctor to find out what is right for you. If you are breast feeding most birth control you can't take.





As far as taking the pill it's just a matter of routine (like brushing your teeth, that's the perfect time to take your pill).





Pill wise. I prefer Loestrin or Yasmin.

No comments:

Post a Comment