Wednesday, February 10, 2010

On my van, why does the electronic level control compressor for my rear shocks run so often?

I had the shocks and seals replaced, and ever since then the compressor runs a lot. I have brought the van (2000 Olds Silhouette) back in twice to have them check the seals and they adjused the O rings and I think added a second one to each, but it did not help. Is there a trick to installation? I went to my regular mechanic who does good work, rather than go to a GM dealer. Any advice?On my van, why does the electronic level control compressor for my rear shocks run so often?
because it's as big as a BOATOn my van, why does the electronic level control compressor for my rear shocks run so often?
you have a small leak in the system......go to your regular mechanic %26amp; request he check the entire system [ line,s %26amp; all ] with a concentrated soap/water solution....any leak will be apparent when you see the air bubble,s....good luck!
i agree going to your mechanic rather than the dealership, and i would keep taking it back to him until, A - he gets it fixed, or B - he tells you some song and dance that, that's the way it is. (basically brushes you off)


And as far as ';adjusting'; the ';O'; rings, i am trying to think of what on earth he could possibly be saying...that's like adjusting your shoe size, while your wearing them, there is no adjustment.


now to answer your question is there a trick to installation.... i have done a lot of work on autos in my life and that is one thing i did not go out and buy the special tools to do. i have been told that sometimes it can be a bear.

No comments:

Post a Comment