Wednesday, February 10, 2010

How do I know if i need an idle control sensor on my car?

I'd b driving my car at a constant speed and then my rpm would jus drop for no reason at all and then go back up to where it jus was. i figured it wasn't my transmission cause its not slipping but the rpm jus wont stay constant when goin a certain speed. what is it?How do I know if i need an idle control sensor on my car?
Your idle air control will not affect cruising speed. The throttle is open beyond what the idle air control regulates. If you are using cruise control, it may be the engine responding to the variation of load caused by hills and wind. If the car is losing speed when the rpms drop, you have a problem. If it holds speed, you probably don't have a problem.How do I know if i need an idle control sensor on my car?
That can be caused be many thing. Bad or leaking fuel injector, CTS, O2, Map sensor, or EGR valve. If your not getting any check engine light then its a good chance its fuel injector or EGR valve or EGR control solenoid.

No comments:

Post a Comment